The data we obtain from you:
- Name, address, date of birth, Occupational details and contact details.
- Medical history inclusive of medications and the GP practice that you are registered with.
How do we obtain the data?
- The data we obtain from you comes from the medical history form completed upon your initial visit and the information obtained from you from our Therapist.
Why is the data obtained?
- The data that we obtain is the minimal necessary to enable us to help you.
- The data that we obtain is not used for any other purposes other than providing our service.
Who has access to the data?
- The data is accessed by us for providing your counselling therapy as required.
- Reception staff may also have limited access to your data to facilitate booking you in for your treatment only.
- In the event of a medical emergency or on discovering a condition requiring medical opinion or referral, relevant data that we hold on you may be passed over to other health services as appropriate and if it is considered to be in your best interests.
- Unless the data is legitimately requested by authorised personnel (i.e. within a legal context), no other persons have access to this data.
How is my data stored?
- Your data is stored both physically on a record card as well as electronically on a password-encrypted computer.
- The record cards are stored in a secure metal cabinet within a locked room. .
- Data stored electronically is on a password-encrypted computer.
- The computer that the data is stored on is protected by active firewall protection and Antivirus software.
- As we may store data electronically, the registered Data Controller is Mr Robert Evans who is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
How is my data processed?
- Your data is processed purely in terms of making and annotating relevant notes for your sessions.
- Your data may be used by us to keep you informed of new additions to our service from time to time.
- Your contact details may be used when we need to get hold of you in relation to an appointment or service that you have with our clinic.
- Your data will not be passed onto any third parties unless required by law, or for provision of continuation of service.
How long is my data stored for?
- Your data is typically stored for 7 years after the date of your last appointment.
- If your last appointment was when you were under the age of 18, then the data will continue to be stored until the date of your 25th birthday.
- After these time periods have elapsed, your data will be destroyed.
How can I access my data?
- If you would like to have a copy of the data that we hold on you, or to request that your data be deleted then you are to contact us at: email@example.com to make such a request.
Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. Please see the notice that appears when you first visit which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.